Jim Kraft – President of The Genesis Foundation will be doing a power point presentation: ”Dinosaurs and Intelligent Design”
The video from the debate between Dan Barker and Dr. Jerry Bergman.
“Evolutionism and Creationism”
Dr. Ying Liu
Professor at Marantha College in Watertown, Wisconsin
Dec. 16th, 2013 at Bethel Baptist Church in Green Bay, WI
1) Dr. Liu was raised in communist China as a Buddhist. All households in China had a picture of Chairman Mau who they believed to be their savior and therefore would live forever. When Chairman Mau died it was a shock to Dr. Liu as a boy and to all those who believed that Mau was their savior. How could he save them if he couldn’t save himself. This event was the beginning of Dr. Liu’s search for the truth about life. Dr. Liu came to the US for an education and he was subsequently invited to a friend’s house to observe a Bible Study which eventually led him to the Lord, Jesus Christ as his personal savior.
2) Evolution presupposes that the present is the primary clue to the past, whereas Creationism proposes that all objects were created by God with a design and a purpose.
3) “Science” is rooted in Christianity from European countries. Historically there were no scientific discoveries, developments or studies of a scientific nature in non-Christian countries such as China or any of the Islamic countries. All early scientists were Christians. Newton, Ampere, Faraday, all of these early scientists glorified God.
4) Why does the world promote Evolution rather than Creation?
a) People are indoctrinated in it from television shows, science textbooks, newsprint, etc.
b) The scientific community feels the need to maintain their prestige
c) The world wants to promote nature or naturalism
d) The world wants to reject God.
5) There are 3 types of Creation Science, but none are pure Baconian science.
Type 1 – Literal acceptance of Genesis 1-11
Type 2 – Intelligent Design. Gives credit to a designer but doesn’t give credit to God.
Type 3 – Applied Sciences. Contaminated with theories of Evolution.
6) Predestination – God chose us, we did not choose Him. This knowledge is intended to give us hope and comfort. “He who has nothing to die for has nothing to live for.”
A DEBATE: Does God Exist?
Friday, March 14th, 2014, 7:00 – 9:00 PM
Southwest High School Auditorium
1331 Packerland Drive
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Online Registration and Ticket Sales are now closed, tickets will be available at the door. If you bought tickets online bring a copy of your paypal receipt and registration. If you haven’t bought tickets yet they will be available for purchase at the door.
Please note that due to an error with our payment processing not all registrations were appropriately passed to paypal. If you were impacted by this error we did receive your registration information, but have not processed any payment yet for tickets. Please plan to pay at the door. We’re sorry for the inconvenience and confusion this may have caused.
For more information on the event:
Calvary Chapel Appleton
2136 E Newberry St
Appleton, WI 54915
Bethel Baptist Church
1601 Libal Street (in Allouez)
Green Bay, WI
The Barn Fellowship
4229 Reforestation Road
Next Monthly Meeting of the Genesis Foundation
When: Friday, December 6, 2013 : 6:30 to 8:30 PM
Speaker: Dr. Liu, Professor of Biology : Maranatha Baptist Bible College Watertown, Wisconsin
Subject: The Christian View of Science plus his testimony of becoming a Christian
Dr. Liu was raised in communist China as an atheist. During graduate studies in the US, he became a Christian. He teaches biology at Maranatha Baptist Bible College in Watertown, Wisconsin. “The cells and molecules declare the glory of their creator.” Creation science should include all scientific studies of creation, he says. “My goal is to equip young Christians with the scientific knowledge and skills needed to strengthen their faith in a world of humanistic chauvinism. Good science done by creationists is a testimony to those who accuse fundamentalist Christians of being ignorant or anti-scientific. Our students should do well even in secular professions using science and technology.”
Additional information: Please call (920) 676 – 8871
Reasons For Hope Seminar
Click below for details and to register: